On May 22, 2000 a news story I completely revolutionizes life. I went for an ultrasound control and the first image that appears is the chubby face of a child. I am nineteen weeks and fortunately the baby is at least as good results from the first images.
What a thrill and terror I felt at that moment. I'm 24 and expecting a child but not
is certainly the best moment of my life. I spend the rest of the pregnancy may be thinking how difficult the life of my child without a father at his side. I guess his future with me and takes its first steps
, kicks a ball, ride a bike and all I can think is more beautiful when you are pregnant.
On September 13, Matthew was born 35 weeks and three days via a Caesarean section because I have a fever, so my gynecologist decided not to risk over time and an hour from my shelter my child is already born
. Everything seems normal.
The first year of life passes quickly, but Matthew does not meet any of the early evolutionary stage
.
September 11, 2001 there was the attack on the Twin Towers, September 12, 2001 there was the attack on the serenity of a young mother. Very coldly and without ever seeing the child, the psychiatrist tells me about
brain injury. The total cattle invade my mind and tears in my eyes ...... I can not imagine anything. Two weeks after I bring the child, other harsh words I enter the mind and heart: "It 's palsy"
All this diagnosis without examination. We begin the process: encephalogram, CAT scan and MRI. The overall picture is full of inconsistencies, but no one explains the situation well. They tell me: "Matthew has a spastic quadriplegia caused by fetal distress and Arnold Chiari malformation type I in the cerebellum. Something I do not square because the hospital where I gave birth, when I present the situation of my son, the pediatrician who has resigned, and my gynecologist deny this fetal distress. We started out 'the pilgrimage from different doctors and all I confirm the diagnosis: the case of spastic quadriplegia.
In October we start physical therapy in neurospischiatria but not enough for me.
so I submit to a physical stress that Matthew only a person with a strong will can stand. We're going to Bergamo for speech therapy, physiotherapy in Cremona for personal initiative, in Milan for a pseudo speech sent by the psychiatrist and in the meantime the child is also attending the nursery school, is free from any commitment on Sundays only.
the age of 3 years and 4 months, undergoes the first operation adductor groin Foligno and 4 years and 2 months and faces the second operation, this time with a flexor that forced him to stop at least a month because i have to chalk
both legs.
Matthew endured with a smile and a determination to be envied.
But what happens after intervention? The child has urgent need to resume physiotherapy for not ditching the result of the operation but unfortunately this does not happen. After six months and resume in another department in another hospital. We pass by the area of \u200b\u200bneuropsychiatry at the physiotherapy hospital in Brescia Montichiari. Within a year Matthew went from making coffee to park their cars and play with the first physical therapist to walk with a
quadripode he called Ugo. What a change !!!!!!!
With the new physical therapist, I am aware of the true clinical picture of Matthew: while reading the reports of the examinations, he says: "If I had seen before I would have said gliesami \u0026lt;lady can not do anything, I'm sorry>. I do not understand what you are telling me and instinctively I sit as if I were to receive yet another blow. Finally someone explained to me the two pages of MRI in a few words saying that Matthew would be a vegetable, essrer should not be able to do anything but in reality the child is doing the work
very few brain cells alive and even hyperactive.
And to think that I believed that what they told me my son was on the pathology of all. I had to wait 5 years and a physiotherapist to learn the truth.
On 14 November 2008, at dinner Matthew completed his first and only three steps alone and the tears flow from wild my eyes.
Since March 2009 we unfortunately ricapitati for bureaucratic decisions under the Neuropsychiatry and Matthew is no longer with Hugh and walked with no other help.
After 9 years of struggle and to live according to my son, I can say with absolute certainty that there was no better name I could give him. Matthew means gift of the Lord, and I think it's just 'cos. In spite of all he is peaceful, tranquil, cheerful, aware of his situation, but most fighting is my benchmark, my strength and my light.
Mat THANKS TO EXIST !!!!!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment